2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Thursday, July 21

The sign of the Four...

Love the last line..... Whats in it for u Holmes? "For me," said Sherlock Holmes, "there still remains the cocaine-bottle." And he stretched his long white hand up for it.

Classic. And oh yeah...it's starts off "Morphine or cocaine?"

It was a little long winded for me. I like my Holmes stories like I like my men. Short and sweet. I find it actually takes away from the story and it drags a little bit when there is a lot of detail. I am an impatient sort of gal and need the pace to keep up or I go ADD on the story. (no offense to anyone w ADD)

I DID like the romance between Marry and Watson. I'd never read the beginning of it before. In my sporadic readings he went from bachelor friend and roommate to married man, but seeing the story develop was kind of cute. Also, the story of the treasure and the sign of the four was pretty interesting. Poor Tonga, never had a chance.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad