2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Thursday, July 28

Mockingjay....a disapointment.

I'm very unfair, but I don't think I liked this book. It was sad, and real, and I hate that. So many people die. Characters I've grown to love and care for as if they were real people that I just don't know. Maybe with some time, I'll come to accept it for the good story it is, but I wanted my happy ending.

I didn't want a scarred acceptance.

For now, tired and sleepy, it feels like I sacrificed good rest for nothing because although the realism cannot be denied, I feel cheated from the good feeling that books are supposed to award. Kat and Peeta end up together and are broken. And it seems they stay together more because they fit with no one else than because they love each other.

I really can't express how angry I am at this ending. Now, I'm debating whether I even want to go see the stupid movie.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad