2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Friday, July 15

Harry Potter Epicness!!!!!!!!

I just got home from the last Harry Potter movie ever. The epicness is indescribable. We decided to go big or go home, so we did a double feature of Deathly Hallows prt 1 followed by a short intermission (and leg stretch) to do midnight showing of part 2.

I first read these books when I was 16, I think. It was when the third book was just going to get published. Being the total badass that I am....not, I "borrowed" HP and the Sorcerers Stone from my English teacher, since I was allowed to rummage thru the cabinets in the room. There was already some buzz for Harry Potter. Maybe it was just in my nerd circle, but as someone addicted to the written word, I'd heard of it and decided to give it a try.

I remember starting to read it one of my classes (i used to do this thing where I would clear my desk and read a paperback instead of paying attention) and by the time I was home I was almost finished w it. That was it. JK Rowling had me, hook, line, and sinker. Being a teen w no car, I took the bus that same evening to Stonewood Mall, to the Waldens Bookstore they had and bought the Chamber of secrets, right there and then. I vividly remember the clerk who rung me up. She told me that the third one was do to come out in a few weeks and I could reserve a copy. I told her I would read the second one first and politely declined.....little did I know that from then on, I would reserve EVERY SINGLE HARRY POTTER BOOK (midnight release of Deathly Hallows...finished it in 6 hrs and no sleep) and with the exception of the first movie, do midnight showings of every subsequent movie that followed, all culminating in tonight.

Ten years at least. Who woulda thunk it? Certainly not me as I BEGGED my lame friends to read it!!! (btw, they caved and got hooked too). It's something I look forward to sharing with my kid (if I ever have any). I want nothing more than to pass down all my wonderful stories and books so we can share characters who sometimes (a lot of times) i forget aren't real, but grew to love. Be familiar with them like if they were old friends or relatives. I want that really bad :)

I gotta go. I work in a few hrs....tbc


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad