2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Wednesday, July 27

Catching Fire...a series ablaze

Part 2 of The Hunger Games. I guess u can't judge a book by it's cover. My eyes have been skimming these books for at least a year, I couldn't understand y they were such best sellers. The covernof a bird in a metal circle made me think army/government kind of thing and that is NOT my schtick. Luckily I finally read the descriptions and zipped thru book one. Book two holds even more of my attention.

This book is about the aftermath. It's about consequences and a rebellion. I wish the beginning wasn't so much a recall of event that happened and more immediate occurrence. I would have liked to witness first hand Kat and Peeta getting back home. I would have loved to see Kat meet Gale on her return or after the wedding gowns.

I love that this one focuses more on Kat and Peeta and the rebellion, than the games.

I was trying to space it out for my own benefit because i just knewvit was going to end in a cliff hanger and would want to dive right in to the third one. As predicted, I'm logging into Amazon and getting the third one as soon as I finish this review....so yeah.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad