2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Friday, March 11

Tsunami warnings in Japan? I never thought I'd see the day...

So there's been a Tsunami warning in LA? Yesterday, there was an 8.9 earthquake in Japan that caused a lot of damages. I saw on the news this morn that its the 5th strongest earthquake in recorded history. Most people are praying for the people affected and my heart goes out to them and their loved ones. I know a few people in Korea and just found out that they are okay, thank God. But some have 2012 predictions and the beggining of the end in mind.

Is the world going to end next year? some people I know (mostly paranoid conspirasist) are convinced it is. I frankly, have no clue and decided not to watch the movie or even look into it. Who knows. The Mayan calendar ends next year and so far we've had the Haiti earthquake, the floods in Australia, etc and this has all been in the last two years, but I don't buy the hype. I think its more just the way the world works. Entropy. Can't stop it, its going to happen, and its the way of the universe. Just like the dinosaur time came to an end with the ice age and the ice age eventually ended so we can take control, eventually, our time will be over and some other animal or creature will call the earth its home. Thats the way evolution works. Especially because as a destructive race, we've sped tings up with industrial and nuclear revolutions.

No, I'm not some crazy green head ego-mentalist, but I figure, meh, All I can do is live my life and see what happens. no Y2K craziness for me.

Just heard that the earthquake moved the eastern coast of Japan about 8 feet. There are hundreds dead and the earthquake lasted a full 5 minutes. I've only ever felt 30 seconds worth of earthquakes (thank you San Andreas). In the states, Hawaii was hit pretty bad and Santa Cruz is really the only port with damages.

I will pray extra hard for the people of Japan and their loved ones. Its all I can do from here and hope it helps.