2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Friday, April 8

Happiness (after North&South)


You know that feel good feeling? When you ur head is all full and you feel like you are brimming on the inside that you might slosh over with happiness, like some sort of liquid that might start to leak at any moment?

That's how I feel right now. No, nothing amazing has happened in my life, in fact, quite the opposite. Whole lotta same ol same ol. But when I read a good book that really gets me emotionally invested, where I'm biting my nails, sighing and clenching my teeth to find out what happens, and then it has a happy ending...that's when I get this feeling.

I like to think that I'm not cynical, but realistically, I am. I'm pretty jaded sometimes and disappointed, but knowing that good stuff can happen and people can get happy. That they can get everything they want, even if it is in fiction, makes my heart a little lighter.

It won't last, I can already feel the cloud lifting and the seratonin clearing. Like any other drug, happiness is a much craved high that last a very short time and I'm like a fiend looking for another hit, just one more time of escape and contentment.

It's a good thing I don't do drugs, I'm just saying.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad