2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Monday, January 12

I miss Lateral Gravity Syndrome

Classes started up again. I think I can do the whole 21 units and 25hr week job, social life, friends, and gym kinda okay, but you throw in the whole I-have-to-drive-Umy-to-wrk-at-LAX EVERY morning at 6am from mon to fri, and Im starting to wonder if I might have over-done it.

This is why you should never do anything important when you are emotionally distraught! (which, BTW, I very definately was). I've been going through a sick and twisted break up that is extending WAY longer than it has any right to. We have been breaking up for something like 10 months. I know. Believe me, I know!...Its complicated.

NEways. I was going to be a HORRIBLE b*tch and screw him over, but my conscience kicked in. stupid conscience.

I have to explain the nature of our stupid relationship. We are more alike than we want to admit. We are both passionate and stubborn and creatures of extremes. We either Love u/Hate u/or are indifferent. Because we were together and we got attached and then hurt, although we are TRYING to reach indifferent...we usually are stuck in Love u or Hate u mode. Not healthy.

i might get into details about the Hobbit and i later. For now, we weren't on speaking terms. Since the whole new Years thing! (he told Poodle something he SWORE to me he wouldn't) Of course I blame myself as well. I was stupid enough to trust him (The fact that he um....oh yeah, CHEATED on me was forgotten, I guess) When I say we weren't good, I mean we were BAD. We get to the point where we ignore each others existance, can't stand to be in the same room w each other, and out of sheer spite try to hurt each other by being petty and stupid.

The point is that we were ignoring each other for almost two weeks (he did make the Bear cry!) and out of the Blue texts me last night, as follows:

I need my copy of Fight Club back, please
Its very important to me and I would appreciate it
if you took it to work with you the next time u go.
When I read it...(after I saw that the sender was Hobbit Boy) I couldn't help but laugh! See, what had happened was.....
A long, long, time ago (longer now than it seemed then), Hobbit lent me his favorite book of all time. its an autographed copy of Fight Club. He really wanted me to read it. This is when we were still dating, of course. I had borrowed books from him before and it was no big deal. In fact, it was kind of sweet that he wanted to share something so special to him with me. I started reading it, but never found the time to finish it. I like the movie, but Chuck Whats-his-face, the author, has a very distinct flavor that I didn't particularly warm to. To this day, I don't understand why he loves him so much.
NEways, I would spend so much time with him, Happy feet and the Flea, I never really even had time to read the book. (this was when I practically lived with them) Happy Feet would always tell me he was going to start charging me rent. LOL!
TBC.....Little Bear just got home. She told me she broke her bed! this i have to go see. Oh, and we have to quick status clean her room cuz the hippie is stopping by after work to fix our network smthng-or-other.