2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Thursday, April 12

HP POA

this book was just about to get published when i got the Harry Potter bug. It will always hold a special place in my heart. This is also the first book to have some of my all-time favorite characters, Remus Lupin and Sirius Black. That being said, as a grown up, now I have some SERIOUS issues with time travel. It just doesn't make sense, even if it IS a magic/fantasy book. it creates such a paradox and as a literary device gets a little to Deus est machina. Its such an easy out without having real answers.

so Harry goes back in time to save Sirius and Buckbeak and he saves himself and everybody with that patronas, but how could it have happened the first time. Its WAY too chicken and egg for me. Also, there is a huge emphasis on not being seen, but obviously Hermione was when she would go back in time to go to her classes? probably the most obvious issue is....if you could go back in time, why not go back and stop voldermort before he was. Wouldn't that be disrupting reality the same way the kids did by saving beaky and sirius? see?....too many questions. Maybe Im just thinking about it all too much and taking a childrens book way too serious..(pun intended! lol!).

Either way, I still really like this book because I think its the first one that really starts the ball rolling for potter-lore and the whole potter universe. This is also, coincidentally, my favorite movie of the HP franchise. Alfonso Cuaron is awesome and I wished they had used him for some of the later films. its dark but still funny and has its own specially flavor.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad