2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Monday, April 23

Divergent by Veronica Roth

consumed this book like a starved man at a buffet. Not that I haven't read any good books this year, because I have, just not books that are so perfectly what I love that I just inhale them. I resisted on the basis that it kept getting compared to Hunger Games, and like is want to happen when a genre book goes mainstream, suddenly there is a huge flood of similar books, some good, most not (ie look what Twilight did to vampire books).

I was pleasantly surprised that although similar (there are only so many ways u can go with a dystopian society book), it really was its own book with a unique story. It reminded me more of The original book that I personally think of when I think of Dystopian Fantasy books, The Giver.

I recommend reading it. I have to say that although, I think the author describes Four, probably as a white boy w black hair and blue eyes (I think), I picture Aqualad. Mmmmmmmmmm!(less)
edit review



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone