2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Tuesday, December 20

Much Ado About Nothing...


Thanks to the reading challenge I decided to do this year, I am actually and finally reading books I always "wanted" and "meant" to read. Much Ado About Nothing is one such book. The title says it all! What a big hoopla we make about something like love. I absolutely loved the quick and funny wit of Beatrice and Benedick (like many others, I am sure). Even when they are fighting, they are hilarious and I can't help but quote their better insults.

Hero and Claudio are lame. Hero for taking Claudio back after what a d-bag he was and Claudio for being so hot tempered, malicious, and fickle. Dogberry and his watchmen are the comic relief, but having seen the Much Ado About Nothing movie (I loved it so much I bought the DVD), I can't stop picturing Michael Keaton's silly performance.

If you read the book, I recommend u watch the 1993 movie. It does it much justice and who can say no to a cast that includes Emma Thompson, Denzel Washington, Kate Beckinsale, and Keanu Reeves?! Definitely a book I will re-read many times, till I'm sure I can quote many lines.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad