2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Monday, December 12

The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross

I actually liked the story and the Steampunk fabulousness made it that much more enjoyable. That being said, it was a little predictable and there is no resolution in the end, which is frustrating and leaves me unsatisfied.You do end up finding out why the duality of Finley Jayne exists and I thought that was a very clever plot twist. I personally like the Duke, but am partial to the crime lord myself, Jack Dandy is real honest for being a scummy jerk.

The elements are fantastic in their nature, but a few days after a broken clavicle, a girl who heals normally is ready to go into action again, and there are always inventions that just happen to solve an issue or move the plot, sometimes a little TOO fantastic and outside of realism. The plot moved a little slow, and at some points kind of dragged with a lot of fluff. Again, I did enjoy the book. I have already recommended it friends who like the Steampunk genre and light reads knowing the will enjoy it too. Not to be taken to serious and enjoyed for what it is.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad