2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Friday, November 11

Weetzie Bat book 1...Lanky Lizards!



Rosa Folgar's review Nov 11, 11

Read from November 10 to 11, 2011

The writting style is very unique and reads quickly, more like poetry than a novel. You either like it or hate it. I think it's different and I liked it. No, I wouldn't want ALL my books written like this, but it's the authors own distinctive flavor and it helps juxtapose some of the real topics with the ridiculous fairy tale she throws in. I come from LA and I love the familiar and nostalgic about the settings and location. I go to Rage (at least once or twice a month) and I walk down Hollywood Boulevard. I know the marketplace on Fairfax and the Kaiser on Sunset. Also I have my own Dirk, and we are still looking for our own ducks. The parallels are enough that reading this story never fails to confuse me and give me hope at the same time. Some things are a little too magical and nonsensical. Like the genie, the baby with 3 dads idea, the Lanka, and the language, but it all kind of fits with the gauzy old Hollywood world Block creates.

Under 200 pages. Very quick read, you probably spend more time processing and understanding what you read than actually reading it, but I will definitely recommend and read it again.
like flag


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad