2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Monday, January 31

I'm ready to trade in this body...

That wretched pain I've come to know and hate is back. Tonight it was slightly sharper and very sudden. I nearly bowed over from it. It scared the living daylights out of my sister and brother who thought I was having some sort of heart attack.

I am finally fed up w it and would like nothing more than to get rid of it, but I still have to wait one more month before my health benefits kick in. I think meanwhile, I'll just roll over and die, thank you very much.

What pain am I blabbing on about, well, about a year ago, I started getting these really sharp almost stabbing pains in my chest that make it hard to breath. Doing some online research I've found other people who get this pain. Its mid sternum and a little towards the right, under my rib cage. Very localized. Online I've narrowed it down to a few possibilities. It can either be

1) gas buildup in my ribcage (which would be the easiest to solve by getting up and moving around) but it happens quite frequently and it makes moving around  quite painful.

2)  Costochondritis, inflamed cartilage that connects a rib to the breastbone or sternum, which causes sharp pain in the costosternal joint.

or

 3) a collapsed lung. My lung could be punctured or I could have an elevated or depressed rib and air can be leaking out.

I do cough up a little blood sometimes, so I don't know if its related. Certainly the 9 years of smoking didn't help. In any case, March cannot come fast enough. this pain is something horrid. Right now, its been almost an hour and a half and the pain has finally dissipated  enough to more my back area in the same spot.  A few more deep breaths, and I should be okay to lay down and go to bed.

heres something to think about: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/chest-pain/DS00016/DSECTION=causes