2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Sunday, June 9

Ender's Game

I really enjoyed this book. It took me longer than expected to finish, not because it was boring or hard, but because I kept feeling bad for everything ender had to go through. He was just a baby when he was plucked from his home and the experiences they threw at him to help mold him into who he needed to be were harsh. Maybe that's just me who is an adult woman feeling not only empathy but maternal feelings for this poor boy. 

I wish I HAD read this book as a child, it's so empowering for children. As adults, I think we forget what it was like to be a kid what we could handle and how we viewed and understood the world. Everything is different, morals, ethics, relationships, love, education...there is so much we gain by becoming adults, we can't help but want to grow up as soon as possible, but there is also so much we lose that we can't get back because we forget.

I think I might have over thought the story? Lol! Whatever, I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to see the movie.