2011 Reading Challenge

Rosa has read 0 books toward a goal of 100 books.
hide

Friday, April 11

Gilded by Christina Farley

I really wanted to like this book. It was pretty fast paced, which was good, but I just didn't find myself liking any of the characters except the bad guy. I'm not the target audience, but I enjoy a lot of YA. Even though it was an interesting concept and the fact that it was re-telling a Korean myth was awesome, as a whole, the characters were one-dimensional and Jae in particular, too Mary Sue for my taste. There was a little too much imagery to the point that it was distracting. 

I would recommend it to a middle school audience. Good moral and female protagonist are a win. Just not for me. Will not be reading others in series, but wish the author luck. 15 Chapters were enough for me.